Information Collected/Received by BioData
BioData may collect various types of information as defined below (individually and collectively the “information”):
1. Personal information that you shall provide while you access or visit or use the website and/or services or communicate with our Account Management or Customer Services department through the contact link on our Website or by post or telephone. Such data may include identifying information and contact information (i.e. your name, age, email address, lab, institute, company or university, contact details, billing address, credit card information the type of product you subscribe to and/or purchase from us and the type of customer you are (e.g. personal subscriber, registrant, website visitor etc.), and any other personally identifiable information. Users who sign up for the free account are not required to enter a credit card.
BioData may use the Information for internal purposes, such as for website administration, data analytics, billing, identification, authentication, contact, and compliance purposes. We may also use such Information to evaluate the quality of our products and services and to improve the content of our website pages and the quality of our service or under the following circumstances, as defined in the section below.
1. To enable normal use of the website and/or services and to enable use of the various services available on the website and/or services and the various activities that shall be offered from time to time on the website and/or services;
2. To improve and enrich the website and/or services and/or the content, amongst other things, to create new services and content suitable for the requirements of the website and/or services, and to control and supervise the existing services and content;
3. For the purpose of handling and processing any payments, BioData shall be entitled to transfer certain user related information as may be required by the designated external service providers who are responsible for the collection of any payments made in connection with the website and/or services insofar as such disclosure is deemed necessary by said external service providers in order to determine the amounts required to be paid and the settlement of said accounts with the user;
4. If BioData cooperates with third parties in order to render any of its services and is required to provide such third parties with any of the foregoing information in connection with the provision of such services, then it shall require such third party to adhere to the applicable data protection regulations and to provide for adequate data protection;
5. For the purpose of determining, computing, processing, creating and publishing general statistics, in connection with the users of the website and/or services and any information provided by such users and/or obtained in connection with any use of the website and/or services as stated above, and for disclosing such statistics to third parties for commercial and other uses, however not in a manner that shall expose the connection between any use and such user’s private or confidential information or that shall otherwise identify the user;
6. For the purpose of contacting you, or enabling certain advertisers to contact you, from
to time, including via electronic mail in order to refer you to certain information in
connection with the website and/or services, and other marketing and advertising information
behalf of BioData or other advertisers, based on the information you have submitted or
conveyed pursuant to use of the website and/or services. BioData may also use your email
address, for various communications, such as administrative communications, for customer
purposes, to address copyright infringement or defamation issues, or to contact you
the upload or download of any content.
It is important to point out, that you are entitled, at any time, to remove your address from the mail list of BioData by contacting BioData at the following email address: [email protected];
7. For the purpose of forming and analyzing statistical information regarding the activity of the users on the website and/or services and transfer of such information to third parties, including advertisers. The information used for such a purpose is mostly statistical and does not personally identify you;
Use of Google Analytics
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website:
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not sell or otherwise disclose to any third party information about our website visitors, except as described herein. We may share the information you provide with companies in our group and our joint marketing partners. We may also share the information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
BioData shall not disclose to any third parties your personal information and/or information collected in connection with your use of the website and/or services insofar as such information identifies you personally, except in any of the following occurrences:
2. IIn the event of any dispute, claim, suit, or other legal proceedings of any kind between you and BioData, but only to the minimum extent required under applicable law to resolve such dispute, claim, suit or other legal proceedings.
3. In any event that, in the opinion of BioData, the disclosure of such information is required in order to investigate, prevent damage, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to your body or to your property, or to the property or body of any other third party. In such event, BioData shall use its reasonable best efforts in order to notify you of such disclosure.
How we Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide on our websites.
BioData uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services. BioData owns the code, databases, and all rights to the services, and you retain all rights to your data.
BioData implements on the website and/or services certain procedures and systems for maintaining the security of information.
It is important to remember that despite the fact that such procedures and systems greatly diminish the risk of any unauthorized pervasions to the system’s computers, they do not provide absolute security. Accordingly, BioData is unable to warrant or undertake that the website and/or services will be fully protected against any unauthorized pervasions.
Access & Correction
Any person is entitled to access and view, either by themselves, via any representative empowered to do so in writing or via a guardian, information about themselves stored upon the database of BioData. Additionally, such person is entitled, in certain circumstances, to approach Biodata and request that the information be corrected or erased and Biodata shall act in such circumstances in the manner prescribed under any applicable law.
Additionally, if the information stored in the database of BioData is used by it for the purpose of direct marketing of commercial offers you shall be entitled, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, to notify BioData at the following address [email protected] and to demand that BioData delete the foregoing information from its databases. It is clarified that, pursuant to any such notification, BioData shall only delete such information that is required in order to send you such foregoing commercial proposals.
In such case, please note that the information required by BioData for the purpose of managing the website and/or services and its business including, without limitation, documentation of commercial and other transactions that you have performed on the website and/or services or via the website and/or services, shall continue to be stored in the databases as required under any applicable law, but shall not be used for the purpose of approaching you.