Rails DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a passionate and talented DevOps Engineer (m/f) to join our team in a collaborative, fast moving environment leveraging the best components of the Ruby-on-Rails ecosystem to deliver high quality solutions to our customers.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering and other company functions to deploy, operate, automate and streamline our systems operations and processes as well as with IT personnel at the customers’ end. You will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
Scope: Full-time position
Location: Lev Ha’Aretz Industrial Park, Rosh Ha’Ayin, Israel
You will be responsible for improving, maintaining and implementing our automated deployment process as well as managing all IT infrastructure. Labguru is implemented in Ruby on Rails with MySQL in both cloud-based and on-premise Linux environments. The application also utilizes Elasticsearch, Redis, AngularJS, S3, among other technologies.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong background in Linux/Unix (Ubuntu) Administration
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure & Services (advantage)
- Knowledge of Docker containers / Kubernetes (advantage)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using ansible (advantage)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (advantage)
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
BioData is a young high-tech company that aims to become the leading player in providing flexible management systems for research laboratories in life sciences. Our product, Labguru, is an innovative cloud-based software platform with a rapidly growing customer base.
We apologize in advance for being able to reply only to shortlisted applicants.